Saturday, August 30, 2008

A Fond Farewell

All good things must come to an end. And for me, Barack Obama walking off the podium at Mile High Stadium Thursday night was the end of many good things for me.

One, my stay at Denver, which is a great city and was fun to explore.

Two, my brush with stardom. Walking around on the floor of the Democratic National Convention allowed me to meet more famous people than there are on the red carpet.

Three, free stuff. Who doesn't love free stuff?

But now that all of the excitement it over, I have time to think about everything that went on. I won't bore you with too many details.

As soon as Barack Obama finished his speech my mind began to race. I thought about what I wanted to do with my life and what I could do to achieve the success that he has attained.

I now see politics as something that interests me especially when thinking about my future...

But back to business.

I really started getting into my schedule.
Wake up, blog corrections, head out to the city for lunch, go back to the hotel to change, and hit the convention for a night of excitement and politics.
I would have never used those words in a sentence before this convention.

Now the most important part of this good bye post.

I would like to thank Mark Abraham whom without I would never have been able to experience the wonder and excitement that is the 2008 Democratic National Convention.
He got me on the floor to get those pictures. He got me a Canon 5D. And he got me to Denver. I'm eternally grateful for his presenting me with the chance to go to such an outstanding event.

I would like to thank my Mom who pushed me to go and told me that whenever I see someone interesting, to go and talk to them. That is how I met Cory Booker and that is how I have pictures with a myriad of celebrities.

Finally I would like to thank all of the people out there who read my blog, forwarded it, commented on it and sent me emails. It made me happy to see such a positive response to what I thought was more of a personal diary of what happened throughout the Convention. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

I just uploaded a photo album of all the pictures I could fit on flickr so go check them out.

I thank everyone for reading and especially any of you who managed to read through the blog in its entirety. I realize that I write a lot. I put a lot of time and effort into this project and to get such a great reception really influences me to pursue blogging in the future.

I thank you all once again, it has been a great journey and I hope that the future is bright for Barack Obama and the Democrats.

Finally, if you got anything out of this blog I hope that it is at least this:


"If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress."

Barack Obama 08'

1 comment:

Hoboken Fallons said...

Dearest Graham:
We have read your blog each day (& yes in it's entirety ;-)and we have enjoyed each line!
We are soooo proud of you & proud to be Democratic Americans.
We thank you for sharing your incredible adventures & for providing us with the opportunity to live vicarously though your awesome experiences.
Yes we will! Go Barack - Biden '08
Love ya, Aunt Peg & Uncle Jim